Microsoft have released a Proof of Concept Jumpstart kit to easily allow you to deploy a lab so you can start evaluating Windows 7, Office 2010, IE8 and Application Virtualization with Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack Technology.
For more info and download go here:
The machine requirements to run this are:
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Vista; Windows XP
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Window 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
• Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
On the computer that you designate to run the virtual deployment server, Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 SP1 is not required on client/target computers.
• Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3)
• Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Deployment Server Computer Specifications
• Processor: 1.4 GHz or faster processor recommended
• Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum; 4 GB RAM recommended
• Hard Disk Space: 32 GB free minimum; 60 GB recommended
Client Computer Specifications
• Processor: 1.4 GHz or faster processor minimum
• Memory: 1 GB RAM minimum; 2 GB RAM recommended
• Hard Disk Space: 30 GB free minimum; 60 GB recommended
And included with the kit is:
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition – A platform that helps IT Professionals increase the flexibility and reliability of their server infrastructure.
• Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP) – A tool to assess your hardware readiness for Windows 7 and Office 2010.
• Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) – A tool to assess your software readiness for Windows 7 and Office 2010.
• Microsoft Office Migration and Planning Manager (OMPM) – A tool to assess and upgrade Office versions and files.
• Microsoft Deployment Toolkit – A tool to create, configure, and deploy custom images, applications, and components.
• Windows 7 Enterprise 90-day Trial image – This evaluation edition forms the base image for deployment on client computers.
• Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 – This system is the best productivity experience across the PC, Phone, and Web.
• Office 2010 with Application Virtualization – This system is deployed virtually to streamline and centralize operations.
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition – This database system is used to store application compatibility and Microsoft Office assessment data for the ACT and OMPM tools.
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express Edition – This database system is used to store image and task sequence data for MDT Deployment Workbench.
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Evaluation Edition – This database system is used to store hardware assessment data for the MAP tool.